Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lucy Gray

The Morning after the Stormy Night, Lucy's parents kept running around looking for her but there was no sign of her any where.

Her mother spied her foot steps, till there were no foot steps after the missing plank on the bridge. They left all hopes of getting her back, the river below the bridge was flowing with the great current and there was no question of she surviving.

As the story goes, Lucy can still be heard singing softly on a stormy night and at times be seen walking with the lantern in the middle of the woods, but she never looks behind.

It has not been many months sinse Lucy has been missing, I happen to spot her in the middle of the woods one day while I was off to the town for my daily work. She was not very far from me, so I called out for her but it seemed she did not hear me.

Lucy had the lantern in her hands but with no light. She was wearing a white dress which had lost the whiteness and become brown. Her hair were unsettled and her shoes were not there.

I ran towards her ( before she would vanish, as I had heard) and stood right in front of her. She stopped but was still looking down and humming some tune which I had never heard. The humming stopped and she looked up at me......her eyes were wet, her rosy cheeks had turned pale, before I could realise she hugged me and howled and said..... she had failed to make it to the town that stormy night. She was still looking for the way to the Town to get her mother back.

Lucy Gray is not dead, she is still alive. It was actually Lucy Gray who people would see, but were scared to go near her thinking it was her Ghost.

" What one sees is not always real"

1 comment: