Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Dot!

As a child, I came across a very small Dot at the end of an English sentence and wondered what the Dot was and why was it there.

Was it an artistic way of writing or the author had just put his pen on the page and decided not write....so the ink spot was from the tip of the pen.......later I got to know The Dot was The Full Stop.

Time passed and I kept moving higher in education, used The Dot in many forms. Used it as a decimal, semicolons...and in many more ways.

The second major stage of my life when I came across A Dot which had no relevance with the one I knew before. I found just Dot on the squash ball, different color Dot meant different speed of the ball. The Yellow Dot the slowest and used in India and The White Dot one of the fastest balls to play with.

The significance of the Dot in the English language was totally different to the one in Squash. Well I was introduced to another Dot in my life.

Now the third major Dot, which I have heard of but yet to see is The Red Dot. Looking forward to the Red Dot on the pictures I have displayed in the Exhibition. I dream, drink , walk, run, sleep and Live the Red Dot now.

No comments:

Post a Comment